Every 20-year-old citizen is able to carry out his national service within the framework of the individual assignments and so for:
- Civilian servants belonging to the State, or local collectivities or public institutions
- Citizens who exercise a liberal profession.
- Citizens who have private industrial projects.
Conscripts undergoing basic military training for 21 days.
The rate of monthly financial participation in the charge of the conscripts, who are called up for the accomplishment of the national service within the framework of individual assignments, is set up as follows:
|1||From 0ne to Twice the minimum guaranteed wage||30%|
|2||From Two to Four times the minimum guaranteed wage||40%|
|3||Over Four Times the minimum guaranteed wage||50%|
These rates are calculated on the basis of the wage or the net retribution without taking into consideration the bonus output for the public sector civilian servants and the assimilated bonus for the private sector employees.
The assigned individual commits himself to monthly pay a contribution rate to the Funds of the National Service created in accordance with the Law n° 101-1974 of December 25th, 1974 related to the Law of Finance of the year 1975.
In case of non-payment of the mentioned contribution, within the agreed timeframe, the Minister in charge of the National Defense would set an end to the posting of the concerned individual and authorize his transfer to one of the Armed Forces' units for the remaining period.
File Making Up for Individual Assignment :
Common requirement documents :
- Application for the accomplishment of the national service within the framework of individual assignment, bearing the signature of both the employer or the local authority (the delegate) and the applicant.
- A copy of the national identity card.
- A birth certificate of the concerned individual (delivered before the expiry date of 3 months)
- A certified copy of the obtained diploma or a certificate of scholar level, or an honor certification for non education
- A copy of the social security card still valid.
- Two (02) registered envelopes, bearing the personal address of the applicant and the address of the employer.
Specific requirement documents for every case :
- For the citizen servants belonging to the state or local collections or public institution:
- An employment certificate for the employees signed and with the personnel stamp of the employer.
- Last payment toucher for the employees
- For citizens who have private industrial projects and liberal professions:
- Certified copy of "Batinda" or a copy of the legal authorization for the use of a shop or a business opening authorization or an agricultural activity certificate for liberal professions
- Declaration on the yearly income
The individual assignment files are forwarded to the Conscription and Mobilization Direction through various ways :
- Either by registered mail to the Conscription and Mobilization General Direction / Military Base El Omrane, zip code 1005 Tunis.
- Or by forwarding the mentioned file to one of the Conscription and Mobilization Regional Centers or to one of the Regional Offices of National Service.
- Incomplete files will not be taken into consideration.
- Any False or Fraudulent declaration on income (which are contrary to facts) could bring the concerned individual to court in conformity with article 315.